Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It's so easy a caveman can do it




It's so easy to blog. It's easy to set up a PLN. Its easy to tweet. Its easy to set up your own website. Its easy to do this. It's easy to do that. As a special education teacher, the one thing I learned getting my masters degree was to never tell a student something is easy to do.

Think about it. It makes sense. If you tell a student something is easy to do, they will already have this notion as a failure if its not easy for them, plus the anxiety of the added pressure to learn something "easy". That's the last thing we want to do to our students.

This is never more true as I'm learning the ropes of blogging and tweeting. I've been lurking around the social sites for a couple of months now and have been very over-whelmed with the abundant amount of information. As i thought of my first blog topic, i found it fitting to post about the "easy-ness" of it all. It's not, especially since I'm somewhat of a quiet person. Once I get my feet wet and become comfortable, I come out of my shell.

This is exactly what its like for our students. It is easy to find x in x+3=6. Its tough at first, but after time and practice, it does become easy. I promise.

See? It is easy to blog

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant! It's true and I'm guilty of saying "easy" this or that..though I always tell the truth about the steep learning curve of Second Life & Photoshop!

    So welcome to our PLN, Blogging, & Tweeting! I have some creative commons Comic Life tutorials I've created that give easy...errr FUN directions on how to ge the most out of 'em!
    Cheers!
    ~Gwyneth
    thedaringlibrarian.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does get easier once you get your feet wet. Welcome aboard. You are off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Chris! Looking forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chris and welcome to the online chatter.
    It took me a while to find my way around but soon enough it all falls into place.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chris,

    We're glad you came out of your shell :)! I am a quiet person myself and still find it hard to blog because it is easy to blog but hard to be relevant...
    Cheers and happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the kind words. It feels weird to be part of the very large and vast social universe

    ReplyDelete